Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Digital Storytelling Example - Personal Narrative

It has been a while since I've written about digital storytelling. It is one of those terms that can have multiple meanings and so the real meaning and intent get lost.

I love some of the New York Times photo and video narratives but I also like homespun as well.

I have no way to clear up the confusion but I can show examples of the many forms that digital storytelling can take. What I can do is look around and see how folks are finding ways to tell what they observed, felt and know.




This is a video from Lauren Zeleke that she created for her English class. It is clear, simple and effective about describing her experiences learning Japanese in Japan.

How did she do that? Not technically, but constructing a story that uses voice and photos to tell a story?

Well there is a really good information page from the University of Virginia SHANTI's  wiki on Seven Elements of Digital Storytelling.

You might also want to take a look at the sidebar on the page and visit the instructional LearnDST page on how to construct a digital story.  It isn't the only way to do it but it is a very good start.


Related Posts


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love actual comments. Please understand that comments will be held until I get a chance to look them over or wake up, whichever comes first.

Spam and other forms of hate speech are not welcome here. And due to the actions of spam bots and the people that love them moderation is in full effect.